When wastewater starts to back up and spill out of floor drains, bathtub drains, or other low-lying drains in your home, more often than not, there’s a blockage in the main sewer line. This can be messy and is a serious health hazard to your family.
If you need help with a drain or sewer backup in Northwest Arkansas or Southwest Missouri, call our expert plumbers at Bud Anderson Home Services. We offer sewer and drain cleaning, video camera pipe inspections, sewer repair, and more, and we’re available 24/7 for emergency plumbing services.
Our company has served homeowners in Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, and surrounding areas since 1987. We feature skilled, professional plumbers, great communication, upfront pricing, and a first-class customer service experience for peace of mind.
Contact Bud Anderson today at (479) 927-2700 for prompt, reliable help with drain backups, sewer blockages, drain cleaning, and more in Fayetteville or Northwest Arkansas.
Common Causes of Drain Backups
Severe clogs in your sewer lines can often lead to sewer or drain backups, and they’re generally caused by problems like:
- Waste accumulations: Things like cooking grease, food particles, soap residues, hair, and toilet paper that often end up in the drain system can congeal inside the pipes, causing a blockage.
- Foreign objects: Paper towels, tissues, hygiene products, baby wipes, “flushable” wipes, and diapers are sometimes flushed down the toilet. These can easily cause stubborn clogs. Other items like keys, toys, and jewelry are more likely to end up in the drain system by accident but can also cause serious problems.
- Tree roots: Older sewer lines often have small cracks or openings that can attract trees and plants looking for nourishment, filling the pipes with tangled roots that restrict flow and cause clogs.
- Pipe damage: Pipes that are cracked, crushed, or have loose joints can lead to clogs. Cast iron sewer lines often corrode and fail, while clay pipes can become brittle and break apart.
To prevent future drain backups and clogs, never flush anything except waste and toilet paper down the toilet. Add mesh screens or baskets to sink, shower, and tub drains to catch hair and food particles, and instead of rinsing cooking grease and oil down the drain, let it cool and throw it away.
Need help with a drain clog or blockage? Contact Bud Anderson at (479) 927-2700 today to schedule drain cleaning services.
Signs Your Sewer May Be Backing Up
It takes a while for the sewer pipe to fill with wastewater and start overflowing. You can avoid a huge mess if you spot the signs of a problem beforehand. Call Bud Anderson if you notice any of these symptoms of a sewer backup:
- Multiple drains that are clogged simultaneously
- Gurgling or bubbling sounds from the pipes
- Foul orders near your drains
- Noise from one drain as another fixture is used
- Abnormally slow drains
Our team can evaluate your sewer pipes with our video camera inspection system, and we can recommend the best course of action for your needs and budget, from drain cleaning or sewer cleaning to drain repair.
Call (479) 927-2700 or contact us online to schedule a video camera pipe inspection in Northwest Arkansas or Southwest Missouri.
Drain & Sewer Repair in Fayetteville
If you have pipe damage or tree root infiltration, periodic drain cleaning may help keep your drains flowing temporarily, but sewer repair is the best option for a permanent fix. At Bud Anderson, we offer standard and trenchless sewer repair options, and we can help you determine the best choice for your home.
Standard sewer repair involves digging up and replacing the broken section of pipe. In contrast, our trenchless sewer repairs can repair the pipe in place, using innovative pipe lining techniques for less damage to your yard and landscaping.
Contact our team online to request a quote for sewer repair in the Fayetteville area, or call (479) 927-2700 today.
Trust Bud Anderson for All Your Drain & Sewer Needs
At Bud Anderson Home Services, we have the skills, experience, and equipment to handle all your most challenging drain and sewer problems, from minor clogs to major backups, and we’re here 24 hours a day for help anytime you need it. We’re respectful of your home, protecting it with temporary carpeting, booties, and more, and we’ll leave the work area clean and neat when we’re done.
We offer exceptional service throughout Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri. Our commitment to our customers is reflected in our great reviews, 2014 BBB Torch Award, and 2018 Best of HomeAdvisor Award.
Call us today at (479) 927-2700 or contact us online to schedule drain backup services in Fayetteville, Bentonville, Bella Vista, or surrounding areas.